Candidate: Carl Cooper
Jurisdiction Name: Congressional District 7
Office Name: U.S. Representative
Date: May 27, 2016
Our democracy is under attack by a hierarchy of money that was extracted from our treasury and now serves as an alternative form of representation that allows private interests to control public policy. The allegiance and obedience to that money is global, undemocratic, and threatens our national security.
Trillions of dollars have been borrowed and spent by our government only to create massive inequality and increasing militarism. I consider a failure of that magnitude to be intentional. Whether intentional or not, the result is the same and so is the remedy. We need to upgrade the democratic process to prevent privatized national parties from monopolizing the path to public office.
I have outlined a path to better representation adhering to the democratic process found in the Constitution.
The following is a brief summary;
(1) Congressional representatives should be apportioned statewide by income tax-brackets, because money now serves as our representation.
(2) The number of congressional representatives should increase relative to the population as allowed for in the Constitution.
(3) We must transition away from our conflict-based economy that creates jobs from public debt, to a health-based economy that creates jobs from consumer demand.
(4) We can create a public-profit bank to fund the government. Interest payments to the public from loaning money should reduce and eventually eliminate income-taxes on labor.
(5) We should utilize available technology to facilitate issue-based voting online.
Please join the conversation and consider donating to our campaign. Peace and prosperity can only be achieved through greater democratic participation. More economic equality insures a more stable society, with permanent human rights and dignity for all.